Quick Contact Form
Private Dental Charges effective January 2024
These charges are examples only.
Your dentist will give you an accurate costing to approve before any treatment is commenced. You can save money and spead the cost of your dental care by joining our Denplan scheme...
Private Treatment and Charges
- Private Clinical Examination£62 incl. x-rays where needed
- New Private Patient Examination including x-rays£91.00
- Emergency Appointment£64.50 + treatment cost
- Hygienist - up to 30 minutes depending on diagnosis£64.00
- Fillings - composite ('white')from £98 - £170 depending on size and complexity
- Root Canal Treatmentfrom £256 - 490
- Crownsfrom £604
- Extractionsfrom £139 - £260 depending on tooth & complexity
- Implants - including crown & CBCT scanfrom £2450
- Bridgefrom £927
- The Wand local anaesthetic£17.50
- Teeth Whitening£375 (NB Boutique 'at home' system)
- Failure to Attend / Late Cancellation (dentist)£1 per minute of appointment min charge £35
- Failure to Attend / Late Cancellation (hygienist)£35
- Mouthguards / Nightguards£99
- CBCT scan£100 - £130
- X-rays (standard)£7.50 - £12
Denplan - the EASY way to budget for your Private Dental Care
Many private patients spread the cost of their dental care across the year by joining Denplan. All check-ups and hygiene appointments are covered by your monthly payment plus you'll enjoy a 10% discount off the cost of any treatment including cosmetic procedures like teeth whitening, implants and veneers.
Denplan also offers optional worldwide cover for dental emergencies away from home. For further information speak to our Practice & Business Manager.
NHS dentistry charges are set by the government and we are required to collect them from all patients except those who are exempt. A list of who is exempt is available from Reception and on the NHS website Help with dental charges
NHS Dental Charges from April 24th 2023
- Band 1 - Examination ('check-up'), diagnosis & treatment planning, x-rays, scaling and polishing (if clinically necessary only) and dental hygiene advice£25.80
- Band 2 - Everything in Band One plus any fillings, root canal treatments or extractions identified at the check-up.£70.70
- Band 3 - This charge covers everything in bands One and Two plus crowns, dentures and bridges.£306.80
- Urgent treatment - Urgent appointments to get you out of immediate trouble (pain). Please note you may need to return for ongoing treatment to secure a long term solution to your emergency and this may not be covered by the emergency fee.£25.80
Some NHS patients are entitled to either full or partial exemption from charges. If you think you may qualify, please ask. Under NHS regulations, you may be asked to pay charges at the commencement of treatment. Please be prepared to do this if asked to. The NHS does not provide credit facilities: fees are due at each visit unless you are exempt.
FAILURE TO ATTEND APPOINTMENTS POLICY:
There is enormous demand for NHS dental treatment and millions of people are without an NHS dentist. Patients who fail to attend their appointments or cancel without giving 24 hours notice are therefore wasting valuable NHS resources as well as denying other people, some in real pain, an opportunity to be seen.
In order that we can offer our NHS service to as many people as possible, new patients who fail to attend their first appointment will not be permitted to make another.
Exisitng NHS patients who TWICE fail to attend or who late cancel (less than 24 hours notice) may be removed from our NHS lists*. In this situation we may agree to see you privately, but this will be at the dentist's discretion and all appointments must be pre-paid.
*Mitigating circumstances will be considered.